Thursday, October 27, 2011

Something I found interesting

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/27/news/economy/debt_committee/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

This article I found talks about the Congressmen trying to find the best way possible to decrease the national debt.

It's basically a back and forth battle between Democrats and Republicans, who both have completely different opposite ideas on how to solve the problem.  For example, when the democrats thought of a $3 trillion plan, the republicans denied it because it relied on tax increases.

As it said in the article, the democrats don't want to cut mostly any spending and the republicans do not want to tax people any higher.  Which leaves them stuck between a rock and a hard place because where can they get this money to pay off this national debt?

The article suggests medicare but touching it will increase tax revenue.

To me, I wish they could just come up with a solution to get us out of this national debt crisis.  It's been going on for a long while now.  But if I were in their positions, I honestly wouldn't know a solution that will make everyone happy.  I don't think anyone would.  Sometimes, however, you just have to do what is right, even though some people will not be happy with the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment